Our leading relationship experts provide Couples Counseling and Sex Therapy conveniently located in the heart of Napa Valley.
Napa Valley Couples Therapy Center
What We Offer
We help people have healthy, loving and equitable relationships. All of our counselors are highly trained in working with relationship dynamics, communication, intimacy and attachment issues. Through Attachment-Based Couples & Sex Therapy, we create a safe environment that encourages stepping into the flow of emotional intimacy, love, communication and sexuality. Our San Francisco Bay Area & North Bay Couples Counselors and Sex Therapists work with both individuals and partners to assist folks heal erotic & body-based shame, while expanding their innate capacity for pleasure, intimacy, and sexual embodiment.
Our Napa Valley couples therapists offer an array of expert mental health services to help you manage relationship and intimacy issues. We also provide treatment for trauma, mood and anxiety issues. Our counselors specialize in couples counseling, relationship issues, and sex therapy. We also have a diverse team of wellness practitioners that can assist you with life and relationship coaching, holistic nutritional support and other health-based modalities to support you in your wellbeing.
We have put together a talented team of top-rated relationship therapists, who use the newest couples therapy modalities and cutting-edge treatments to enhance your relationship and communication.
Research confirms: without extra, specialized and intensive training in sex and relationship therapy, general therapists, marriage and family therapists, physicians, and even psychologists do not necessarily have the training or experience needed to help with the intimate and sexual problems that are experienced by 70% of clients. Complete, holistic help for issues related to sex and intimacy require a therapist be trained in cutting-edge attachment based couples and sex therapy modalities with general and sexology credentials for body, mind, and spirit.
Collectively, we have specialized training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Sex Therapy, Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT), Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy for Couples (AEDP), Somatic Experiencing (SE), Hakomi, Gestalt, Gottman Method and other leading modalities.
All of our clinicians have advanced degrees (doctorate and master level) in clinical psychology, as well as additional relationship therapy training. Our staff engages in on-going continuing education to maintain their expertise and knowledge.
At Napa Valley Couples Therapy Center, we believe we all have the capacity to deepen our self-awareness and heal our pain through a collaborative and transformative therapy relationship. As couples and marriage counselors, our focus is on helping you connect with your partner in a safe and loving context. An experienced couples therapist will recognize your problematic patterns that often leave each partner feeling alone and disconnected. We can provide you with the insight and skills to break the cycle, so you can experience the relationship you want. Rather than relying on outdated coping strategies, our marriage counselors can help you learn how to relate to your partner.
We are pleased to provide mental health and wellness services in Napa Valley, St. Helena, Marin, San Francisco, Berkeley, Lafayette, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek and Oakland.
Our San Francisco Bay Area, North Bay Area & Napa Valley Relationship & Sex Therapists' approaches are A refined and customized combination of the most current research in the fields of affective neuroscience, sexuality & intimacy and human development with the art of psychotherapy.
1420 Third Street, Suite 10 Napa, CA 94559
M-F 9 am–9 pm
Sa 9 am–7 pm Su 9 am-7 pm
Speak Directly with our staff Weekdays 5 am-9pm & Weekends 9 am-6 pm
THE GOALS OF COUPLES COUNSELING
- Develop mutual goals for your relationship.
- Understand and appreciate personal similarities & differences.
- Explore life values, family values and personal goals.
- Explore your co-created sexuality.
- Cultivate mutual understanding of cultural differences.
- Identify your relationship strengths.
- Identify and alter negative communication patterns.
- Manage internal and external relationship stressors.
- Strengthen communication skills.
- Explore family of origin issues.
- Deepen Intimacy, trust and connection.
issues Sex therapy addresses
- Arousal & desire concerns
- Desire discrepancies within a couple
- Erectile dysfunction
- Absent or diminished interest in sex
- Performance anxiety
- Premature ejaculation
- Inability to orgasm
- Loss of libido
- Impact of miscarriage, loss and/or abortion on sex and sexuality
- Difficulties with climax such as delayed ejaculation
- Genital or pelvic pain, penetration difficulty, or other painful sex issues
- Development & deepening of emotional and sexual intimacy
- Sexuality during life transitions such as pregnancy, parenting, menopause, aging, health issues etc.
- Impact of infertility on sex and sexuality
- Perinatal and postpartum sexuality
- Open or poly relationships
- Sexuality & chronic pain or illness
- Emerging sexual identities
- Alternative lifestyle and sexuality (Polyamory, Kink, BDSM etc)
- Sexuality & disability
- History of sexual trauma, childhood sexual abuse or rape
- Extra-marital affairs
- Diversity of sexual expression
- Socio-cultural factors associated with sexuality
- LGBTQ and gender identity issues
- Learn how to discuss sex and desire with your partner
- Learn how to deepen attachment bond through intimate sex