About Amy Bouvin, LCSW
I believe all humans have the capacity to experience joy, pleasure and healthy connection to their sexual identities; however that is defined for them. Sex remains a taboo subject matter, increasing opportunities for feelings of shame, isolation, confusion and miscommunication. Sex therapy can facilitate conversations with the self, with partners and with our communities about our sexual narratives and what we want and deserve to feel and experience. I am passionate about social justice and believe in the innate potential of all people to realize themselves at their best. I have worked in social services and direct care with youth and families experiencing multiple stressors and challenges for over 6 years. This has inspired my path into private practice and my interest in healthy secure attachment, intimacy and sexuality. I specialize in sexual dysfunction and sexual therapy, and can work with individuals, couples or adolescents experiencing sexual challenges, gender identity issues, LGBTQ connected difficulties and sexual identity discovery..
-Amy Bouvin, LCSW, San Francisco & East Bay Sex Therapist
TRAINING & EDUCATION
- Certification in Sex Therapy through The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and California Institute of Integral Studies (in progress, expected 2018)
- LCSW #66543 issued 06/2015
- City University of New York-Hunter College
- Master's, Social Work 2009 – 2011
- BA, Psychology and Spanish (can practice therapy in Spanish)
- 2004 – 2008
- Clinician, Program Supervisor, Assistant Director at Seneca Family of Agencies
- October 2011 – 2017 (6 years 2 months)
- Training in modalities of: Narrative Therapy, Attachment Therapy, Intensive Family Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Sex Therapy
NAPA VALLEY'S TOP-RATED BOUTIQUE-STYLE SEX THERAPY & COUPLES COUNSELING CENTER
As Relationship Experts, Couples Counselors, Clinical Psychologists and Sex Therapists, we help couples and individuals learn to deepen intimacy, desire and pleasure while cultivating a secure-functioning relationship . We can help you connect to your erotic passions while deepening your partnership(s).